Quantcast

Author Topic: Lobster subs available at Subway starting today.  (Read 1675 times)

Polish Pants

• Shark
    • Email
Lobster subs available at Subway starting today.
« on: June 23, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
I went in for the reliable and satisfying foot long steak and cheese sub and to my surprise I saw the elusive Lobster sub advertised on the menu. I love lobster meat so there was no doubt I wouldn't be getting that instead. $8 for a six inch, $13 for a foot long, the subs are a few bucks more than the rest of the premium hot subs on the menu. So what's the verdict?

The meat is all 100% lobster so that's a good thing, but unfortunately the amount that's spread out on the bun isn't nearly enough to make a flavour impact if you add more than three vegetable choices. I added lettuce, tomatoes, and spinach and for sauces I added oil and vinegar and mayo. Just with those simple ingredients it was enough to overpower the taste of the lobster. If you like to load up your sub with all the fixin's be prepared to pretty much taste just them.

It was worth paying the $13 + tax for the sub because it satisfied my curiosity, but next time I'll have the sandwich artist make me my usual steak and cheese with double cheese warmed up in the microwave after it's assemble.

Tredertinhof

• ????
    • Email
Lobster subs available at Subway starting t
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
I used to go to Subway now and then for the steak & cheese subs until they changed the meat supply from imported to local made and prepared.  Used to be tasty and tender but now its like cardboard, with alot of tendon and grizzle and no taste.  I confirmed it with the manager and she told me they needed to cut down the cost so switched to a local supplier???   Thats how they lost my business, anyway.