Quantcast

Author Topic: Selling coyote pelts  (Read 2555 times)

Polish Pants

• Shark
    • Email
Selling coyote pelts
« on: December 28, 2014, 06:30:42 PM »
Does anyone know what government office/facility buys coyote pelts from hunters?

EEZEE

• Super Maniac
Re: Selling coyote pelts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »
Umm   what?

GroovyT

• Administrator
  • PCH Hall of Famer
    • Winnipeg Hustling
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »
Peter is the most random person I know!

thunderstick

• Shark
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:14:02 PM »
think ya need a license..hunting or trapping..but coyote fall under problem predator category so if yer a farmer u can buy pass..other than that u can prolly "give" it to sumone who has a license to sell it fer u...theyd hafta take it to a licensed fur dealer
I'm going to Hell for this call.

thunderstick

• Shark
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »
if ya know any treaty indians they can prolly go sell yer pelts

thunderstick

• Shark
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 08:34:59 PM »
theres lotta regulations..but talked to few ppl..know a guy who makes it to wpg every week or so that u may sell to without a license..how much pelts u have? PM me an i can maybe get his info...but jes know his rates wont be market rates as he sells to auction houses an u never know wat ull get fer the pelts at auction

Polish Pants

• Shark
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 09:24:08 PM »
True this is a random post. I need to know because the coyotes on my dad's acreage are problem predators and the province or municipality of Armstrong are paying licensed hunters for coyote pelts. The coyotes are killing many oF the deer calks in the area making it a problem for deer population growth.

I need to know.where he can take the pelts. I thought there was an established government agency that resided over this?

Reidson

• Agony Fold Champ
  • Super Maniac
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 11:44:05 PM »
http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildlife/trapping/harvalue/index.html  & http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildlife/trapping/licperm/index.html

Everything is through the province, he can contact Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship for applications and further details, I also included the link with 2014-2015 seasons details.

But the short answer is no, you cannot "legally" sell Coyote pelts without a permit or licence, long answer is yes with a "but"... as muzz said, you can kill problem predators if they are endangering Livestock, ecosystem destruction, etc....I know out my way that Coyotes are becoming a big problem around the RM of Pipestone...However,  the gov't wants its cut and the only exception I believe is treaty members can sell on reserves but there is still some regulation involved.

Hope that helps.
Sumbuddeeeeeeee......Hwelp!

thunderstick

• Shark
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 02:08:27 AM »
the guy i know is a licensed fur dealer...he can buy furs..u do not need a license..but u wont get market price..also a lot depends on condition of furs (bullet holes..grading...prep etc.)

GroovyT

• Administrator
  • PCH Hall of Famer
    • Winnipeg Hustling
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 07:21:02 PM »
True this is a random post. I need to know because the coyotes on my dad's acreage are problem predators and the province or municipality of Armstrong are paying licensed hunters for coyote pelts. The coyotes are killing many oF the deer calks in the area making it a problem for deer population growth.

I need to know.where he can take the pelts. I thought there was an established government agency that resided over this?

This will be Peter's last post and was the last time he was online here.  The fucking guy was selling coyote pelts....obviously, why not.  Never knew what random thing he'd post about in here lol.

http://winnipeg.hustli.ng/index.php?topic=12538