Quantcast

Author Topic: WHFL 2017  (Read 196 times)

#gmoftheyear

• Formerly "The Worst"
  • Administrator
  • Super Maniac
    • Andrew G Johnson
    • Email
WHFL 2017
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/58200/invitation?key=e4fd8811bb1a713c&ikey=c56854aa24088d62
https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3846855

TLDR: Same as last year, I'm hoping to get all locals/friends-of-locals if possible

--

DRAFT IS MONDAY SEPT 4 AT 6 PM CST

--

Alrighty here's the quick facts:
* Almost entirely the same as last year
* $150USD entry (that's for the season, think of it as ~$13/week)
* If you can't pay yourself you can e-transfer me $200CAD
* Payment handled via Leaguesafe https://www.leaguesafe.com/League/3846855
* Redraft meaning no keepers, everyone starts fresh.
* PPR scoring (for people who aren't into fantasy football this probably the most common scoring system)
* Zero rake of any kind, I think we did a 50/30/20 split last year so we'll probably do that again.
* You are able [and encouraged] to know very little about football.  Yahoo makes it super simple for even the biggest of dummies to stumble their way through drafting and setting a roster.
* If you want to split a team with someone or buy a piece that is fine but you absolutely cannot under any circumstances have a piece of more than one team, be involved in more than one team, or do any kind of mid-season swaps.  Just don't.  If someone texts you or PMs you just take a screenshot, let me know and they're gone; see 2012 for past punishments.
* 10 man league will be a four person playoff with no byes, if we get 12 we'll do six person playoff with two first round byes.  $750 for first, $450 for second, $300 for third.  If we get twelve we will give the extra $300 to the regular season overall points leader (most points through all regular season games added up) so a possibility of any one person winning $1050. (ALL PRICES USD)

Draft date:
* DRAFT IS MONDAY SEPT 4 AT 6 PM CST
* Will be getting set in stone soon so get your opinions in ASAP
* Hoping to avoid the long weekend as it'll be tricky to avoid conflicts; hoping the 5th or 6th works for most people
* Options: Sept 1 Evening, Sept 2 Afternoon, Sept 2 Evening, Sept 3 Afternoon, Sept 3 Evening, Sept 4 Afternoon, Sept 4 Evening, Sept 5 Evening, Sept 6 Evening
* Try to post/message me what dates absolutely won't work for you, less important is which you'd prefer but include that too.
* Last three years have been lucky in that an obvious date became apparent quickly so hoping that trend continues.
* I set the draft on Yahoo to Sep 6 @ 7pm CST.  Just using that as a placeholder let me know what works, we seem to always be able to find a time to make it work for all.

Feel free to text, PM or post any questions or comments, not going to post a running list since anyone who clicks through to league safe can see who has paid which is the only way to lock in a spot.

Also anyone caught not actively mocking Drew throughout the season risks a lifetime ban. (enforced even more strictly this year)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:20:35 AM by #gmoftheyear »
WHFL Champion & Two-Time Super 7 Champion
#hustlingbowl2013 #hustlingbowl2015 #hustlingbowl2016

#gmoftheyear

• Formerly "The Worst"
  • Administrator
  • Super Maniac
    • Andrew G Johnson
    • Email
Re: WHFL 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »
nikeboy has officially paid up
WHFL Champion & Two-Time Super 7 Champion
#hustlingbowl2013 #hustlingbowl2015 #hustlingbowl2016

nikeboy

• PCH Hall of Famer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:25:04 PM »
Time for a fresh beginning

#MAGA

• Shark
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:59:00 AM »
Also anyone caught not actively mocking Drew throughout the season risks a lifetime ban. (enforced even more strictly this year)

:'( RIP Drew
Go Chiefs

EEZEE

• Super Maniac
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »
I only entered to beat and ridicule Drew - then I found out he wasn't in - but it was too late!